Monday, May 12, 2008

Busy Busy Busy

This last week we have been home and started the process of cleaning out the house to get it ready to sell. We had our first of many yard sales. It was a success. I have never had any luck in a yard sales in the past but this one turned out great. I am so thankful. Not much has happened this week except enjoying being at home and at our home church. As we were going through all the things in the house we were considering what to sell now, what to sell later, and what to keep for Nepal. There really was not a lot I wanted to keep, so I was doing fine getting rid of a lot. But then we went to our home church on Wed. night, I began to realize more what I was not taking with me to Nepal. Not the material things of this world, but the daily and weekly contact I have with my friends and family. Later that night God brought to my mind the song, "The only real peace in my heart, Dear Lord, is in you". Without Him we could not go to Nepal and be away from our family and friends. He is so faithful, I know everything will be ok. I know without a doubt He wants us to go to Nepal to tell lost people about Him. So we gladly go. And I know He will be with us every step of the way.

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you've been busy from the all the posts since I've been gone.

    I remember getting rid of all our things when we came to Croatia, that was tough, we didn't have much but what we had was ours. God is so good to replace all the things we give up for Him. Actually we didn't give up anything since it all belonged to Him anyhow.
    Glad the yard sale went so well, wish I had been there, love those things!

    Great post Sandy, Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy,
    I just wanted to let you know what a huge blessing your comment on my blog was.

    I'm so blessed to have a place specifically set apart for me. It's hard sometimes and lonely but God is so good to sustain us.
    I know He'll do the same for you and your make a wonderful home in Nepal. He's good that way, to give us the simple things in life that make us feel more at home on the mission field.

    I'm excited for you and the family.
    We're going to add you to our missionaries that we pray for during our daily family devotions.

    The most comfortable place in this world is in God's will!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're missing you Ms. Sandy.. I know ya'll are busy and on the road, just know that we're watching your blog. We love you and hope you enjoyed Bro. JT's meeting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you leaving a comment