Thursday, May 29, 2008

Looking down in the river at the Baptisms
Our daughter Anna, the only one of our children baptisted in the River
Billie Bowlen
Her husband Danny
Miranda Keltner
Our son John and Allen, young preacher in our church
standing around talking after baptism
Me and Sherry, a good friend of mine that I will miss greatly
Danny and Billie after the baptism

picture of the Tennessee River in Saltilo, TN

Sunday was our last day for a while at Milledgeville Baptist Church. It has taken me a few days to figure out what I wanted to say in this blog. I have had a very hard time this week. I know without a doubt we are doing exactly what we are suppose to do. God has confirmed it time and time again in the scriptures. But it does not make it easy to leave a church, people who you love so much. God has knit our hearts together and it is very hard thinking about leaving. I know it is not untill next year but there has been so many changes lately I have had a hard time. I love my church. I love the members and everyone involved there. It wasn't until this morning that God confirmed again to me what he is doing. My verse for going to Nepal is Psalms 4:1.

Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.
I will write my testamony later. But anyway, this morning as I was reading over the verse again and I went on to the next few verses.
Psa 4:2 O ye sons of men, how long will ye turn my glory into shame? how long will ye love vanity, and seek after leasing? Selah.
Psa 4:3 But know that the LORD hath set apart him that is godly for himself: the LORD will hear when I call unto him.
I know he has called us. I need to stop worrying about everything and everybody and get about doing what he has called us to do. He is so faithful and I leave it all in his hands.
My emotions
My fears
My children and husband
My life

1 comment:

Thank you leaving a comment