Thursday, July 17, 2008

Emmanuel Baptist Church Jackson, Tennessee



Sunday Night, July 13th we were at Emmanuel Baptist Church in Jackson, Tennessee. This is only about 30 minutes from our house. The pastor is Dr. Dennis Davis and his wife is Mrs. Cathy. That are such a sweet couple. I had never met them before but they were members at one time of Chad's father's church when he was growing up. They have served on the mission field for several years before God directed them to Jackson, Tennessee. We enjoyed the sweet spirit in the services. They were very kind to us. Chad's parents, Bro. Jerry and Martha Sellers, also attended the services. During prayer time before service, I was asked to give my testimony to the ladies. This is the third time I have been asked. I am kinda nervous when asked. I never say the things I want to say and always seem to get tongue-tied. I thank the Lord for my husband every time he gets up to present our ministry, and for our children when they get up to sing. I'm so proud of them.
A very excited thing happen. The church voted in front of us to take us on for support. Praise the Lord.
Also a blessing for our kids was that the piano player, a MK (missionary kid to the county of Japan) took our kids to Dairy Queen while the adults went to Cracker Barrel. He said he remembered what it was like on deputation. Always spending time with adults. It was a treat for our kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you leaving a comment