Saturday, November 1, 2008

Wonderful Memories East River Baptist Church




















These last few weeks we have been staying at East River Baptist Church in New Caney, Texas. We have had such a wonderful time. Our children especially. The first week we were here was during their missions conference. The ladies and girls enjoyed a day shopping at thrift stores, the kids enjoyed a day bowling and lots of time playing games and getting to know each other better. Of course the services were awesome. This last week, we went skating, had a bon fire one night and roasted "strawberry" marsh mellows, and the kids were able to go to a birthday party on Friday night. Attended service here Wednesday night and the kids were involved with Masters Club. I was able to help clean up in the storage closet, and attended ladies prayer time on Tuesday.
The main thing about these two weeks in that we were involved in the day to day activities of a church. We felt like we belonged here. I'm so thankful that we were made to feel at home. I guess that is the hardest part about deputation for me. We go from church to church presenting our ministry. You hear about events that are coming up in the church and you know you won't be able to participate because you are moving on to the next place. I love being a part of things. The ins and outs of getting a meeting together, the clean up time. So I really appreciate it every chance I get to feel apart of a church. That is what happened here at East River.
I thank the Lord for these few weeks here. We have wonderful memories. It has made me all the more ready to get to Nepal. To start our ministry there. To feel at home at church.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you and your family were able to stay and play with us, Sandy! Your family's joy and love has been a tremendous encouragement to us.

    So if I'm ever in Nepal, I can look you up, right? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please come any time. We would love to have lots of visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our church has Master Clubs too! My kids love it (of course, they are younger than yours, but it's a wonderful program, I think).

    We'd love to see you at our church sometime.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you leaving a comment