Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Chad's birthday

I did not realize how it has been since my last post. This week we have been at a missions conference in Athens, Tennessee. It has been such a blessing to be a part of a church that loves missionaries and is so interested in what God is doing in our lives. We are having a wonderful time getting to know the people.
Yesterday was Chad's birthday. He turned 40. Last night was the international meal at church. The family we are staying with got to church early and set up a black table cloth for our table and black balloons for his chair. Chad did not know. When we walked into the fellowship hall I said to Chad I guess we need to find a place to sit. His eyes scanned the room to find a spot. When his eyes caught hold of the balloons he said, Oh no. I said oh, yeah. Our table was already full of a bunch of kids who wanted to join in the party. She also had a birthday cake that said "Older that dirt".
The pastor said that everyone will remember us because of Chad's birthday.

1 comment:

  1. This is toooo funny,
    but if I think about it,me & my husband are not tooo far away,
    hapy b-day,Bro Chad,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you leaving a comment